The Idaho Pro Bono Opportunities Website (PBOW) is a joint project funded by the Legal Services Corporation between Idaho Legal Aid Services (ILAS) and the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program (IVLP) to fundamentally change the way that pro bono cases are placed across Idaho.
The PBOW site is designed to supplement IVLP’s phone based placement model and will greatly expand the ability to place pre- screened cases with pro bono attorneys. Cases and legal clinics will be posted to the PBOW site and attorneys will input case preferences (such as location, legal area and client status) which the system will use to reach out as new opportunities that fit the selected criteria arise. Attorneys will be able to easily search, find, evaluate and select pro bono experiences that interest them.
The need for civil legal services is great in Idaho and PBOW is an innovative way to meet the need using technology; solving the problem by connecting attorneys who can provide pro bono to make this change.
Idaho Legal Aid Services
- Mary Zimmerman, Director of Finance & Administration
- Steve Rapp, Technology Project Developer
- Bev Allen, Executive Assistant
Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Susan R. Pierson, Legal Director
- Jenni Jordan, Project and information Services Coordinator
Urban Insight (Technology Partner)
- Abhijeet Chavan, Chief Technology Officer
- Ki Kim, Senior Engineer
- Lehel Mátyus, Frontend Engineer
- Ron Golan, Systems Manager